Account Request Process - Step by Step Instructions
When requesting a portal account please be sure to complete Form-1 and Form-2 in one sitting. Be sure to have all the information being requested prior to starting.
If you find that you are missing a piece of information, please enter ‘XX’ or a Date into each field and continue to submit both forms. Then collect the missing information and email it to email@example.com
. The Facility Security Officer at JHU-WSE ERG will be able to edit/update your submission if both forms are submitted.
- Go to: https://user.cpiac.jhu.edu/validation/request/userreg.
- Type in your email address and click Submit.
- You’ll get an email with a 6-digit Validation Code and a link to the Validation webpage.
- Go to the Validation webpage and enter your email address and validation code. Then click on Submit.
- Form-1 of the Account Request process will load onto the screen.
- Enter your Name, Work Address, Work Phone, and other information.
- Guidance to ‘Contractors’ (non U.S. Government employees):
- Please enter your Contractor Organization info for Organization Name and Address fields.
- Please enter ‘Industry’ for the Org Type.
- Then click on the Continue button at the bottom of the page.
- Form-2 of the Account Request process will load onto the screen.
- Review the pre-filled data.
- Provide your HR/FSO Name, Email Address, and Phone number. You cannot put yourself in as the FSO or GSO.
- If you are not a Government Employee, please provide the following:
- Your Gov’t Sponsoring Officer Name, Email Address, and Phone number.
- Your Gov't Contract Number and Expiration date (yyyy-mm-dd).
- Your DLA (aka DD2345) Certification Number and Expiration date (yyyy-mm-dd).
- Please read the "I understand" paragraph and check the box.
- Sign (by typing) your name.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
Next you will receive an email to verify that your email address is working.
- Click or copy/paste the link in the email into your web browser.
- In the middle of the screen you should see text saying your email address has been verified.
Once your email address is verified, an email will be sent to your Human Resources or Facility Security Officer (HRO/FSO) to request their approval. When that approval is done, an email will be sent to your Government Sponsoring Officer (GSO). When he/she approves, the JHU-WSE ERG FSO will be alerted to review and give final approval of your account. Once final approval occurs you’ll receive an email with a link to create your password.